Daisypath Ticker

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What a Weekend!

Last weekend was VERY eventful. It always is when we go to Woodz's house in Marshall, Michigan. We headed up there last Thursday because Steven had a doctor's appointment on Friday. We got good news from the doctor. His knee is doing well. He can put pressure on it and start walking. Unfortunately, there is no magic button and he has to slowly get back to walking on it. Currently, he can hobble...but walking isn't happening.
After our trip to the doctor, Steven and I had to do a chore down on the farm. Haha. We rode on the tractor together and moved bails of hay. It was my first big tractor ride where I had to do a chore. It was an adventure, but I don't know about doing that ever again. We were so dirty after our three hour tour. I wish I had a picture.
Friday night, we went out to dinner at our favorite pizza place with some of Woodz's buddies. Then, we stopped by a new bar in town. It was a "haunted" bar. It was pretty funny seeing skeletons and bartenders dressed in trashy Halloween costumes in June.
Saturday, we were able to visit with Steven's grandparents before visiting TURKEYVILLE, USA! It's a turkey farm with a gift shop and restaurant. Everything in the restaurant is made with turkey. I had a sloppy turkey....like a sloppy joe....pretty crazy! We were by far the youngest people out there. Apparently, the elderly really love their turkey.

Saturday evening we were able to meet some of Woodz's parents' friends. It was really great to meet more people that are on our wedding guest list. That night, we met up with Steven's wonderful cousins for some swimming time. They are so much fun!
I found this frog relaxing by the pool. If you look in the hole in the birdhouse, you'll see him. :)
Here's Hank, the Woods' newest puppy. He's lots of fun....and sooo cute!

Steven and Whitey after swimming

.
These kids are sooo goofy! Where else but the Woods' barn are antlers lying around?

I spent Sunday in Rushville, Indiana celebrating my cousin's birhtday, my dad's birthday, and father's day. We also celebrated my wonderful, generous Grandma Kate. It was a fun day. Here's the whole family...minus Woodz. He's practically family! (Look at all those girls!)







No comments: